The SLCF Bike Loan Program has provided free bikes loans to hundreds of international students and scholars at Purdue since 2014.
Thanks to our generous friends who have donated used bikes, we can offer a limited number of students a bike to use during their time at Purdue.
What do I need to do?
- Be an international student or scholar, or the spouse of an international student or scholar.
- Sign up below to make an appointment to come to our place: Crosswalk Commons
- Sign a Bike Loan agreement and Liability Waiver
- Make a $50, $100, or $150 deposit (refundable if the bike is returned in good condition)
- Have a bike lock -- we have bike locks available for a donation of $15 or $20
- Ride the bike safely!
Our bikes are loaned out based on availability.
Our supply of bikes is limited and vary in style and age. They may show some signs of wear and aging, but will be functional.
Our $50-deposit bikes are normal bikes, and can be left outside next to your apartment or dorm in the evening. Our $100 and $150-deposit bikes are better quality, and we require that they be kept indoors in the evening to minimize theft and weather-damage. The difference between them is that the $150-deposit bikes are excellent quality.
Whether $50, $100, or $150-deposit, this deposit is refundable if the bike is returned in good condition.
Availability News (August 11, 2022): Due to high demand, we are now working off a waiting list. There are over 25 people on the waiting list now. You may sign up below, but expect to wait several weeks before we contact you for an appointment.